Self introduction

My photo
Singapore
Blog under renovation sorry for the inconvenience

Sunday, 16 September 2012

TGX Singapore Cosfest Part I

TGX Cosplay is one of my chance to practice my portrait shoot. With my buddies Steven, we went there prepare with the necessary equipments we need. Our camera and us. We bought our flash along too. TGX was held from 7 Sept to the 9 of Sept, we went there on day 2. A Saturday shoot out, how did it turn out?

1st Selection

Mysterious


ISO- 800
Shutter speed- 1/60sec @ F/4
35mm Focal Length- 78mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS
Flash on- Nikon SB900 

1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
I guess only two things I wish to improve would be the background and add a fill lights to improve the details of the subject. 

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wish to achieve a good candid shot from a sitting position. 

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
When this shot is taken, I felt this is my best shot of the day. I want to take more shot with this feeling which I felt will carry me future.

4. What I personally think of the picture
I prefer the traditionally shooting, taking shoot with certain rule, face shot, half body shot, full body shot. When taking this shoot, this rule is floating in my head. I changed a half body shot to this 3/4 body shot to describe more on what she doing then what she posing. 

2nd Selection
The Posing

ISO-500
Shutter speed- 1/250 @ F/4
35mm Focal Length- 97mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS


1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
This time I got a better background than my previous work, I want to achieve a sharper image than this current. I hope I can improve more on my manual focus capabilities. (P.S I using manual focus most of the time)

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
This time I wish to achieve a good position shot, alone shooting this model, I manage to get her attention for a good shot but seem like my focus issues still require more improvement.

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Because I am alone with this model, I felt weird shooting her without knowing much about her. I felt this uneasy feeling that I should understand the model more before shooting. It sound weird, I just felt uneasy shooting strangers. Maybe I can do something about this feeling.

4. What I personally think of the picture
I think the framing of this shot is just nice, except the sharpness of this shot. I wish I have a proper time frame and space to take my shots. I always wanted a good background for shooting too.

3rd Selection

The Story


ISO-800
Shutter speed- 1/250  @ F/4
35mm Focal Length-  99mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS

1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
I wish I had change my positioning when doing this shot. From the shot, I change describe the facial expression for the female model. I could have shot this better if I had think of more of the partner instead of the main character.

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I want to achieve a story from this shot, a story for both characters.

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I took this shot without much thinking, wanted to create a story for this shot. With blank mind, I took this shot.

4. What I personally think of the picture
Nothing. I thought of nothing from this shot. I want to achieve a story from this shot but I fail to create. What I think of this shot is 2 character in the frame. 









This conclude the first day of my portrait shooting practice, more will be shown on low key stroke flash photography I did it on the second day of my practice next week. Stay in tune till week.

No comments:

Post a Comment