Self introduction

My photo
Singapore
Blog under renovation sorry for the inconvenience

Sunday, 23 September 2012

TGX Singapore Cosfest Part II

This very day, I appeared at TGX to continue practicing my portrait shot. I decide to focus on my flash technique. Steven this time remind me of using commander mode to create low key stroke, happily I went in the convention hall. I hated the low lighting in the convention hall that always force me to use flash. With commander mode, I can create stroke which I really prefer than using front flash. 

1st Selection

Kakashi

ISO-400
Shutter speed- 1/125  @ F/4
35mm Focal Length-  42mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS
Flash- Nikon SB900

1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
I wanted to use a back lighting to improve the details of kakashi. I wanted to show more facial details. I could use F/16. Using stroke flash I do not need to worry about exposure.

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Low stroke portrait, I want to show more details and achieve a good stroke photo.

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I wanted to produce a good portrait shot using flash that I can post online and say I proud of this work. With feeling, I keep pushing myself through out the whole tiring day.

4. What I personally think of the picture
The overall view from this shot is consist clear, but if zoom closely, you could see that the focus is more on the hand than the facial. The model really created a good detailed Kakashi.



2nd Selection

Modeler



ISO-400
Shutter speed- 1/125  @ F/4
35mm Focal Length-  52mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS
Flash- Nikon SB900

1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
Fill lights @ 1/32 +3 exposure to fill in the shadow of the character.

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Low stroke portrait, I want to show more details and achieve a good stroke photo.

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I wanted to produce a good portrait shot using flash that I can post online and say I proud of this work. With feeling, I keep pushing myself through out the whole tiring day.

4. What I personally think of the picture
The shadows created from the key light create a wonderful stroke effect. I wanted to do more on low key shot, I kind of fond of the shadow created though.


3rd Selection
Wariness of the South


ISO-400
Shutter speed- 1/125 @ F/4
35mm Focal Length- 42mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS
Flash- Nikon SB900


1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
I should increase the flash power or decrease the shutter speed to increase the exposure. I always think that low key stroke can achieve a good detail shot but without exposure, how perfect the shot is, you cannot achieve what you want.

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Low stroke portrait, I want to show more details and achieve a good stroke photo.

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
When I saw this model, I was thinking. This is one of the best cosplayer I ever seem. With so detailed design of the costumes, I felt that she really came to life

4. What I personally think of the picture
Low contrast display a good details on the model. Low degrade this shot, I can increase the exposure for this shot in the light room but it will degrade the quality instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment