Self introduction

My photo
Singapore
Blog under renovation sorry for the inconvenience

Sunday, 28 October 2012

Tanjong Pagar Railway

Tanjong Pagar Railway has a long history with Singapore since first of October 1923 and cease operation on the first of July 2011. Maintenance works and structures inspection are done before 25 of April 2012 and currently restructured as Singapore Railway Museum along Keppel Road. Singapore Railway Museum exhibited classical vehicles that we can never see it on the road.

1st Selection

Classical Railway

Add caption

ISO-1000
Shutter speed- 1/4 sec @ F/16
35mm Focal Length- 15mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Sigma 10mm~20mm F/4~F/5.6 EX DC HSM

1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
I feel this is my best shot of the day, nothing much I think of to improve this shot.

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hoping to achieve a classical railway photo that people feel that this picture is not taken in Singapore.

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Overwhelming natural lights from the sun causing the subject to be under exposed.

4. What I personally think of the picture
From the photo we can see that the photo seem to be over exposed on the outside and under exposed from the inside. I try my best to control the exposure, I think I did a good job in this shot.

2nd Selection

Classical Transportation


ISO-400
Shutter speed- 1/125 sec @ F/2.8
35mm Focal Length- 112mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS

1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
Higher aperture could present a better shot, F/2.8 is too low to display a subject overwhelming in size.

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A classical vintage shot of this vintage vehicle. I want to express the logo of the vehicle more than the model of the vehicles

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Control environment, well lighted surrounding which I could control over the shutter speed to suit my needs. 

4. What I personally think of the picture
High contrast B&W produce this wonderful toning, I still trying to control the tones of colors when come to B&W. When using B&W, the colors play the roles of controlling the tones of the shot. 

3rd Selection
The Mascot
 
 
ISO-200
Shutter speed- 1/250 sec @ F/2.8
35mm Focal Length- 42mm
Camera- D7000
Lens- Tamron SP 28mm~75mm F/2.8 AFS

1. In which area I wish to improve and achieve better results.
I always assume that lower apertures allow me to control the sharpness of the subject I portrait. Seem like Tamron 28mm~75mm F/2.8 is most sharp at F/4. Believe me? Check out yourself. 

2. What I hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The Railway controller is the most important trademark items for the Tanjong Pagar Railway, I wanted to display it's importance of the museum.

3. Under what circumstances is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Isolation, I want to make this shot feel that it is isolated and lonely without the company of trains and commuters.

4. What I personally think of the picture
Poorly demonstrated, this shot may follow 1/3 rules but the picture itself is too flat. It doesn't show the 3D feel from the shot. 










This update conclude for Tanjong Pagar Railway. It always close till certain period where it will open for display. Have fun till then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment